The Benefits of Outsourcing Website Maintenance
Website maintenance is a big job. From software updates to security protocols, a poorly maintained website can not only detract customers from giving you business, but it could also be detrimental to your business’s reputation and safety.
Most people who own a website know that maintenance is needed, but likely they are unfamiliar with or proficient in the scope or technicalities of the maintenance that is needed.
So when we say website maintenance is important, you may be thinking “duh” but for so many websites it isn’t happening. Why?
Why is website maintenance not happening?
Website maintenance gets neglected for a variety of reasons. This could include:
You are trying DIY: When you decide to handle website maintenance in-house, it can be risky unless you are someone proficient in the matter. Unfortunately, it has been found that 70% of small businesses attempt website maintenance on their own.
Poor Communication with Developer:Many website owners have support and maintenance services through their web developer, similar to what we offer at Torrch, but the lines of communication are broken and maintenance gets neglected. Traditional developers may not be set up to handle ongoing support calls. They may be better on a project basis. It’s a matter of finding a resource that can give you the help that you need.
Budget:More often than not, it comes down to cost. Outsourcing website maintenance does cost money which is why many website owners try to shortcut it. But luckily, it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. At Torrch we package our website development, design, and maintenance services into one affordable monthly fee.
The Advantages of Outsourcing Your Website Maintenance
Now that you have an idea of the size and scope of website maintenance tasks for your business’s websites, you may be wondering about the best next steps. It can be both overwhelming and risky to do it on your own. That’s where website maintenance services like Torrch offers can be so valuable.
- You’ll be hiring a team of experts who take care of these tasks every day. They know what to look for and what to expect.
- You can focus on other areas of your business that need your attention.
- Hiring an outside agency is cost-effective and can scale with your company. Your package will reflect the needs of your company.
A Good website maintenance provider will:
- Understands the scope of your website’s needs
- Provides the services you need for your site to operate at peak performance
- Is experienced, both in providing the level of maintenance you’ll need as well as in understanding your industry or target market
- Has a solid reputation and possesses multiple positive reviews from satisfied clients
- Delivers the services they promise reliably and on time.
Need Website Services? Contact Torrch!
Torrch offers website maintenance and support services along with all our website development and design packages. We don’t want to leave you hanging with a beautiful new website that will be outdated in a month. We pride ourselves in lasting ongoing working relationships with our clients by providing reliable website support services.