2. Who We Are
This website is operated by Torrch and its affiliates (collectively, “Torrch,” “we,” or “us”). Torrch provides a website and a mobile app that enables individuals and organizations to find and communicate with other individuals, non-profits, volunteer groups, religious organizations, and other networking services. For more information visit our About Us page available at https://torrch.com/info/about/.
3. Our Website
4. What Cookies Are
A cookie is a small file that is placed onto your device (e.g., computer, smartphone or other electronic device) that stores information when you visit a website. Pixel tags (also called web beacons, clear gifs, or tags) are a similar technology that consists of small images or snippets of code that can help the website owners learn how you interact with websites and emails.
- Recognize you whenever you visit our Site (this may speed up your access);
- Support security and authentication features on our Services;
- Obtain information about your preferences and use of our Services;
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products, and services, and to help us better understand our users’ requirements;
- Improve the speed and performance of our Services;
- Make your online experience more enjoyable and efficient; and
6. Types of Cookies
The cookies we place on your device fall into one of the following two categories:
- Session cookies: these allow our Services to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies: these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our Services to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our Services and use their features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how you use our Services, for example, which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our Services work.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow our Services to remember the choices you make (such as your preferred language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
You can opt-out of online behavioral advertising cookies and similar technologies by using the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool available here, or if located in the European Union you can make your choices here. Please note you may continue to receive generic ads.
7. Controlling Cookies
Your browser may give you the ability to control some types of cookies. If you do not want to accept the kinds of cookies you can control, you can change your browser settings so that certain types of cookies are not accepted. To control flash cookies, which cannot be disabled through your browser, please go to: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
If you turn off any cookies, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our Services. For more information about cookies and how to disable them please check one or more of the following resources:
9. How to Contact Us
10. Our Do Not Track Policy
Certain browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you over time and across websites. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our Services may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop. Many of these options are specific to your device or browser.
11. Changes to This Policy